Thank you to Maddie over at Shatter the fourth wall for the nomination! Can you call a millennial wise? Or is wise only reserved for the old? Nah. I think Maddie is wise. Go check the blog if you like a little thought provoking, well written posts on all things life and a good dose of humour!
Thank you to the creator of the Mystery Blogger Award Okoto Enigma
Rules for the Award
- Display the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you and provide a link to the nominator’s blog
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- Answer 5 questions from the nominator
- Nominate 10 -20 bloggers
Three things about me…
- I don’t play video games often but when I do, I go full throttle binge mode. The latest binge has been Splatoon2, I won’t even eat or move for hours because I don’t want anything to reduce game play time. When I close my eyes at night, all I see is game footage, in this case, purple and yellow paint splats. I fantasize about playing the game, mentally sorting my day to be as efficient as possible so I can cram in as much game play time as possible.
I used to play Sims for days, that’s no lie my friends. I can binge play sims for over 12 hours at a time, until the PC over heats and eventually crashes. I haven’t played it since Jess was born, R.I.P Sims, I love you, forever and always.
- Losing enrages me. Losing at anything. Actually enrages me. I know that’s terrible, but it is what it is. Even the mention of ‘mind that time I beat you 5 nil’ will make my blood boil, depending on my mood I will either fake smile and let you live or I will glare at you while steam physically puffs out my ears then murder you with my own shoe. Therefore I hate, HATE gloating winners. I will silently plot your death or at least loosen the bolts on your car tires, arsehole.
- I seriously wonder how the hell I will handle Jessica as the years pass, for the very reason above. Jess is me over the back. She is stubborn, she has attitude, she is cheeky, she is smart – like, she creeps me out smart, she is naughty and she likes her own way. I must win though. Jess thinks she must win. She’s 2 and we already lock horns. She stares at me sometimes while she is being naughty, I asked her to stop picking up ‘dip dip’ (ketchup) with her fingers and she looked me right in the eye and slapped her whole hand in the ketchup. I was equally infuriated as I was amused. I fear I have met my match. Poor David.
My Questions from Maddie –
Do you think you spend too much time on social media?
Yes, I’d say I spend too much time creeping about social media for sure. I don’t spend hours on at it a time, but I give it a quick check more than is necessary. It’s almost as if I have a little ritual, a check list of social media I go through before I put my phone down and if I spend too much time on one platform, well, that just means I’ll need to go through my list again and give them all a quick check before putting the phone down. I know, that crap is NOT healthy.
Do you think people are born evil or become evil?
Oh that is a very, very good question and one that my opinion has changed over the years. Mmm, are people born evil? Are people evil? Or are they mentally ill in some shape or form? Or is that my rationale as I can’t fathom some of the things people do?
I’m not sure I have ever looked at a baby and thought, you are an evil little shit, I may have thought the are a little shit, but inherently evil? Mmm, tricky. I don’t think people are born evil, I do think some people are born with predispositions to become ‘bad’ through biology or, unfortunately, placed in a position that creates a tenancy towards bad and evil behaviours.
What’s your favourite lyric?
The only lyric that pops into my head is:
I work hard (he works hard) every day of my life
I work ’til I ache my bones
At the end (at the end of the day) I take home my hard-earned pay all on my own
For the uncultured swines among us, the song is ‘Somebody to Love’ by Queen. I’m not entirely sure why it sticks with me so much. I guess I’m a big advocate of doing things for yourself, being independent and creating your own self worth- and not just in terms of earning your own cash. Work had for yourself and others, whether that be in terms of career, parenting or a hobby. Only rely on people when you really need to and never take from others just because it’s ‘easier’ or you think you are entitled to it.
Do you believe in second chances?
Yes. I try my very best to give people the benefit of the doubt, to understand why a person may act in a certain way. However I don’t provide unlimited ‘chances’ if you act like and arse, don’t take accountability for it and show no remorse or try to change, then you’ll be placed in my ‘arsehole’ book and you will remain there. People make mistakes, but those that don’t learn from them blow my mind. Some people, either due to their own issues or what, are just plain ‘ugly’ on in the inside, you can only try your best so much to understand the workings of a person and provide them with ‘second chances’, then they need to get the boot and be emotionally cut out your mind.
What lie do you tell yourself regularly?
The same lie most people tell them self – ‘I’ll remember that.’ – No you won’t! Write it down woman! Or at least take a note of it, there’s an app for that…which I forget I have.
Nominees and my questions for them:
5 questions for the lucky nominees….and anyone else that wants to answer them:
- Do you think people are born evil or become evil? – I know, it’s theft but I liked it so much I want you all to answer it.
- Do you think of yourself as unique? Why?
- What would it say on your tombstone?
- What is the biggest threat, in your opinion, to humanity?
- Imaginary or not, what Guinnesss World Record would you like to accomplish?
The chosen ones:
Esther’s Blog – obvioulsy
….I’m fully aware that is not 10, but c’mon man, that’s loads. Do you know how difficult it is for me (anyone) to pick and link so many people?! Shesht, it literally took me 4 days to write the post, ain’t nobody got time for that! 🙂